The application for rent subsidy for businesses is about to begin.
Small and medium-sized business (capital less than 1 billion yen), freelance
The rent subsidy covers the condo fees (“Kyo eki hi” ). However, if the rent and the condo fees are specified in a different contract, the condo fee is not covered by this benefit.
Six times the monthly benefit amount calculated as follows (including consumption tax)
|monthly rent||benefit amount (month)|
|Company||750,000 yen or less||rent ×2/3|
|more than 750,000 yen||500,000 yen + portion above 750,000 yen×1/3
（Up to 1,000,000 yen / month）
|Free lancer||375,000 yen or less||×2/3|
|more than 375,000 yen||250,000 yen + the portion above 375,000 yen ×1/3
（Up to 500,000 yen / month）
Among sales for May to December 2020
Sales in any one month are 50% or lower than sales in the same month of the previous year.
Total sales for three consecutive months are down more than 30% from the same period last year.
July 14, 2020, to January 15, 2021
(as of July 7)
- The following are not covered: security deposit, renewal fee, electricity, and utilities.
- Properties that are subleased to a third party are not eligible.
- Business income must occur before December 31, 2019.
- Businesses established between January 2020 and March 2020 would also be eligible for benefits, but details are yet to be determined.
- The lease agreement must be valid as of March 31, 2020, and as of the date of application. The tenant must have paid rent in the three months before the time of application.
- Benefits are not available if the tenant and lessor are husband and wife, parent and child, or parent and subsidiary company.
- Rent for the “home” and “office” portion of a private business is also covered for the “office” portion.
- This benefit may be reduced if you are receiving rent assistance from a local government.
- If the decrease in sales is not due to the coronavirus, you will not eligible.
0120-653-930 (08:30- 19:00)